International Driving Permit (IDP)

By rosannau / On

We had a few portions of the trip where renting a car was necessary. Many countries require to have an International Driving Permit on top of your Driver’s License to rent a car and/or scooters. It costs $30CAD to get one from CAA. Bring 2 passport sized photos or for an additional fee can get photos done there. This is valid for 1 year. It must be carried with you while driving along with your Driver’s License.

Fun fact – you can still apply for an IDP through the mail even if you are outside of Canada.  You need to include a note that states you are not in Canada and the address you would like the IDP to be mailed to.  You can also have a loved one apply for you.

Leave a Reply